DR. MOTHA AMAAR HASSAN
DEPARTMENT OF LASER AND OPTOELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Dr Mothana A. Hassan is currently a lecturer in Laser and Optoelectronic Engineering Department at the University of Technology, Iraq since 2004. Dr Mothana gained his BSc degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (1998) and then gained later MSc in Laser Engineering from Al Rasheed college for Engineering and Science at the University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq (2005) in field of interferometry/hologram. His research in interferometry/holograms led him to start the PhD program (2010) in the field of interferometry at the University of Huddersfield/United Kingdom. He is carrying out work in the field of optical instrumentation sensors; this type of sensor is important for complex optical surface inspections. The optical instrumentation sensors are widely used in laser applications in different fields. He was awarded his PhD in Laser applications in 2016.
Dr Mothana published different papers in international conference proceedings and prestigious journals such as 'Applied Optics' and 'Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties'. As well as he is a reviewer for different high ranks scientific journals.
PhD in Laser Applications, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom, 2016.
MSc in Laser Engineering, Al Rasheed college for Engineering and Science at University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq ,2005.
BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Al Rasheed college for Engineering and Science at University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq, 1998.
Laser Applications, Interferometry, surface metrology, surface measurements, optical measurements sensors, phase shift interferometry, signal processing
1. Mothana A. Hassan, Haydn Martin, Liam Blunt, and Xiang Jiang, "Synthetic wavelength to increase the snapshot optical sensor’s elevated vertical measurement ranges," Appl. Opt. 58, 9051-9058 (2019).
2. Hassan, M.A. (2018). An Investigation on Optical Measuring Systems using Different Types of Optical Fibre Links and Performance of Optical Sensors. Volume 7 Issue 1, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), DOI: 10.21275/ART20179613.
5. Hassan, Mothana A., Haydn Martin, and Xiangqian Jiang. "Surface profile measurement using spatially dispersed short coherence interferometry. "Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties 2.2 (2014): 024001. UK
7. Hassan, Mothana A., Haydn Martin, and Xiangqian Jiang. "Surface profile measurement using spatially dispersed short coherence interferometry.", The 11th International Symposium on Measurement Technology and Intelligent Instruments (ISMTII) in Aachen and Braunschweig/Germany, 1-5 July 2013, Aachen and Braunschweig, Germany, ISBN. 978-3-86359-138-0.
Signals and Systems
A.C. Circuit Analysis
- Four thanks and two an appreciation certificate from the minister
- Appreciation certificate from Ministry of Higher Education/Iraqi Cultural Attaché at/ London.
- Thankful and appreciation from Iraqi Cultural Attaché Consul/ London.
- Received the honour of the Iraqi Consul General in Manchester/UK.
- Best paper at the 11th International Conference and Exhibition on Laser Metrology, Coordinate Measuring Machine and Machine Tool Performance (LAMDAMAP), (A single-shot line-scanning spatially dispersed short coherence interferometer using Fourier transform profilometry), organised by the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (euspen). Keynote paper during a session entitled New Developments in Measurement Techniques.
- Received the certify that my article (Surface profile measurement using spatially dispersed short coherence)/ IOP journal/UK, has been selected by the Editorial Board of Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties for inclusion in the ‘2014 Article Highlights’ collection